Sunday, November 02, 2008

they came in droves

Saturday 1st November 2008

1:09 p.m.
Last night was the second of two ‘Mad Friday’s of this contract, and also the first of the two-night Hallowe’en-themed mini-cruise. As such the ship was obviously very busy, although the piano bar was busiest during my first set, as I think the majority of people inclined to the show-bar after that. Having said that it was still a good night, and I took the opportunity to play some numbers that I hadn’t played for a while, namely Baby Grand, Phantom of the Opera, All Of Me and Video Killed the Radio Star, all of which went down very well. I had a few requests also, mostly during my last set, after I had been down to the show-bar to see a bit of the proceedings. I have never seen the show-bar so packed. The ship was at full capacity last night and the majority of the passengers were probably crammed in there at that point. You could hardly move! I took some photos as well, here are the best ones (the resident band, Night Queen, with Gareth singing lead vocals – taken from the balcony, Boney-M, and me, Kylie (Children's Host) and Gareth (in full Joker costume!) in the DJ Booth. More pictures on my web-space).

Night Queen with Gareth Boney-M
Me, Kylie and Gareth

I got to meet Boney-M briefly as well; I took some water to them in the dressing room just before they were about to go on-stage.

Sunday 2nd November 2008

10:27 a.m.
Last night went well, still not exceptionally busy but there were more people in the bar than the night before. Not the best night I’ve had on here, but not the worst either. There were a few people in who I recognised from the night before, who made some requests, including one family who turned out to be from Derby, for whom I played Memory and sang it for the first time, which went quite well despite it being unrehearsed.

I got to see a bit of Mist last night as well (the illusionists), which was quite impressive – I have never seen live levitation before! I didn’t manage to get any pictures though as no photos were allowed during the performance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home